Anti-Spam Techniques In PHP, Part 2
In this article, we covered a few ways of protecting your web site from spammers. The methods were covered fairly briefly, but hopefully give you a few ideas for stopping (or at least minimizing) spam on your web site.
CAPTCHA is a very effective method that is widely used, and you should strongly consider it as a solution to the spamming problem — just make sure you’re aware of its drawbacks.
- The CAPTCHA project
- Wikipedia entry for Captcha
- Pear’s Text_CAPTCHA
- WordPress list of common spam words
- Download a PDF version of this article
- Put your PHP knowledge to the test with our online and iPad/iPhone quizzes
- View or post comments for this article
- Browse similar articles by tag: CAPTCHA, PHP
- Read related article: