John’s Background Switcher is a program that periodically changes the wallpaper image on your desktop, so you never have to worry again about getting bored with how your computer looks. Although the program draws from the largest pool of wallpaper sources you can find online, John’s Background Switcher lets you configure a number of options to suit your wants and needs.
You can choose how often you want the background to change, how many pictures the program should use, and in what ways those pictures should be displayed. You even have the ability for John’s Background Switcher to pull directly from the pictures that you currently on your computer. Is that not enough? There is also an option for the program to use Flickr, and pull pictures by person, tags, sets, or even just randomly. Additionally, you can set the look of each of your images by narrowing down the size of them or even increasing the resolution quality.
As you can see, John’s Background Switcher is a simple yet great tool for choosing an ever changing and rotating background image on your computer. Try it out today and never be bored with your desktop again!
Some of the features of John’s Background Switcher include:
- It can use individual pictures on your computer, as well as folders containing pictures, like ‘My Pictures’
- Flickr photo pulling capabilities, by selecting any number of criteria
- Phanfare web albums, so you can keep up to date with your friends and family
- You can pull from smugmug’s photo galleries as well
- Picasa web albums, which the option to choose specific albums or search for text
- Photos are even available from Facebook
- Options to pull photos from any RSS feed, including DeviantArt, Photobucket, LOLCats, and Zoomr, among others
- Ability to pull photos from Dropbox
- Multiple languages supported, including Russian, Dutch, Finnish, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese
- You can put a direct image URL into the RSS feeds dialog, which means you can now use webcams as photo sources