If you are familiar with the popular Worms games, like Worms Armageddon and Worms World Party, then you will be familiar with these little guys that you can download to hang out on your computer screen while you work. What Worms Screenmate actually is, is a cute little Windows desktop personalization program, so you can have fun with your worms whenever you want.
Once this free application is downloaded and run, a group of worms will start roaming around your computer screen, which is fun. For obvious reason, they can be eliminated at any moment, so you do not have to worry about them getting in the way when you least want them around. Although there are a few configuration options, users have noted that the program works absolutely fine with the preset options that start up automatically.
What is more, Worms Screenmate is an incredibly light application, so it uses very little of your computer’s resources. You really won’t even notice it is there, especially if you have the animated effects turned off. This program runs perfectly on the following operating systems: Windows 98, Windows 2000, and Windows XP.
Worms Screenmate really is suited best for people who love to have different styles and wallpapers on their desktop. Because if someone likes that – and especially if they are a fan of the Worms game franchise – what’s not to love about having all your favorite worm friends hanging out with you every day?
Basic usage notes for Worms Screenmate:
- You right click to pop up the menu
- Multiple worms can be created to run around the screen at the same time
- It runs as the topmost application on your desktop and hovers over all the other windows
- If the worms have a focus, they stop moving
- In order to exit out of the program you just need to right click the worms, then they will turn into a skeleton and dissolve into dust