(PHP 4, PHP 5)
getmxrr — Get MX records corresponding to a given Internet host name
Searches DNS for MX records corresponding to
The Internet host name.
A list of the MX records found is placed into the array
weightarray is given, it will be filled with the weight information gathered.
TRUE if any records are found; returns
FALSE if no records
were found or if an error occurred.
|5.3.0||This function is now available on Windows platforms.|
This function should not be used for the purposes of address verification. Only the mailexchangers found in DNS are returned, however, according to » RFC 2821 when no mail exchangers are listed,
hostnameitself should be used as the only mail exchanger with a priority of 0.
- checkdnsrr() - Check DNS records corresponding to a given Internet host name or IP address
- dns_get_record() - Fetch DNS Resource Records associated with a hostname
- gethostbyname() - Get the IPv4 address corresponding to a given Internet host name
- gethostbynamel() - Get a list of IPv4 addresses corresponding to a given Internet host name
- gethostbyaddr() - Get the Internet host name corresponding to a given IP address
- the named(8) manual page