(PHP 4, PHP 5)
ob_end_flush — Flush (send) the output buffer and turn off output buffering
This function will send the contents of the topmost output buffer (if any) and turn this output buffer off. If you want to further process the buffer's contents you have to call ob_get_contents() before ob_end_flush() as the buffer contents are discarded after ob_end_flush() is called.
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. Reasons for failure are first that you called the function without an active buffer or that for some reason a buffer could not be deleted (possible for special buffer).
If the function fails it generates an E_NOTICE.
|4.2.0||The boolean return value was added.|
Example #1 ob_end_flush() example
The following example shows an easy way to flush and end all output buffers:
- ob_start() - Turn on output buffering
- ob_get_contents() - Return the contents of the output buffer
- ob_get_flush() - Flush the output buffer, return it as a string and turn off output buffering
- ob_flush() - Flush (send) the output buffer
- ob_end_clean() - Clean (erase) the output buffer and turn off output buffering