The behaviour of these functions is affected by settings in php.ini.
For further details and definitions of the PHP_INI_* modes, see the Where a configuration setting may be set.
- counter.reset_time integer
- counter.reset_time tells "counter" to reset the counter used by the basic interface. It may be any of the COUNTER_RESET_* constants (see below).
- counter.save_path string
- Tells "counter" where to save data that has to persist between invocations of PHP (i.e. any counter that has COUNTER_RESET_NEVER or COUNTER_FLAG_SAVE). A file will be created at this path, which must be readable and writable to whatever user PHP is running as.
- counter.initial_value integer
- Sets the initial value of the counter used by the basic interface whenever it is reset.