Note: This extension is not available on Windows platforms.
This module provides an additional session save handler for the session module using » PostgreSQL as a storage system. A user-level session storage function may also be used - session_set_save_handler(), but this module is written in C and therefore could be twice as fast, compared to a session save handler written in PHP.
Session PgSQL is designed to scale any size of web sites and offers some advanced features:
- session tables are created automatically
- automatic session table vacuum
- better garbage collection
- multiple PostgreSQL servers support
- automatic database server failover (switching)
- automatic database server load balancing if there are multiple PostgreSQL servers.
- short circuit UPDATE