Brian Swan's Blog: Running PHPUnit in Windows Azure
Brian Swan has a recent post to his MSDN blog about setting up PHPUnit for testing on a Windows Azure platform (as installed via PEAR).
After figuring out how to run PHPUnit from the command line in a Windows Azure instance, I did find that a bit more configuration work than I anticipated was necessary. I'm not 100% certain that this is the best way to run PHPUnit in Windows Azure, but it is one way. I'd be interested in hearing better ways to do this.
He breaks it up into a few different steps:
- Building the application with your tests locally
- Package the application up for Azure deployment
- Enable RDP access on your Azure instance
- Find your PHP and PEAR install on your instance and, logged in via RDP, add their locations to your current path
- Edit the phpunit.bat file to point to the right PHP location
- Execute the tests!
For other options for testing Azure-based applications, see Brian's previous post.