Cal Evans' Blog: How do I find good PHP developers?
If you or your company is looking to hire on PHP developers but are having trouble finding good, qualified people, you should check out some of the advice that Cal Evans has posted to his blog to help you out.
Twice this week I got asked a similar question, "How do I find good PHP developers to hire?" The first one was a recruiter who had originally tried to hire me because she "read my resume". [...] The second one, however, was a just someone trying to find PHP developers for his team. Since he wrote me a nice email asking advice, I decided to reply in kind. Three pages and one thousand words later, he had my answer.
His answer included seven different points companies/recruiters could possibly follow to help them get the right people on board:
- posting jobs on phpdeveloper.org (yes, shameless self-promotion)
- PHP User Groups
- Getting involved in the community
- Considering telecommuters
- Attending conferences
- Getting your developers to write about your company/work environment
- Do things that make your developers want to sing your praises