Cats Who Code: 10 useful new WordPress hacks
The Cats Who Code blog has some handy WordPress tips for those out there using the popular software to power their sites. These ten tips cover a wide range of subjects, so hopefully you'll find one of use to you in the list.
WordPress is the platform of choice for most bloggers, and WordPress hacks is one of the most popular topics on CatsWhoCode. This is why I've decided to compile 10 new and extremely useful hack for WordPress.
Here's their list of ten - some most include code snippets you can cut&paste into your existing site for easy use.
- Remove comments autolinks
- Automatically notify your users of new posts
- Twitter style "time ago" dates
- Display post thumbnail in your RSS feed
- Block external requests
- Easy debug mode
- Use WordPress shortcode in theme files
- Allow upload of more file types
- Google Docs PDF viewer shortcode
- Detect the visitor browser within WordPress