Decoupled Content Management on tour
It seems the idea of Decoupling Content Management is gaining momentum. On the user interface side, many projects have already adopted the VIE interaction framework and widgets from Create, and in the content repository space projects like PHPCR move forward and there are also interesting new ideas like Apache Oak.
While much of this has been made possible by the IKS project, it is also great to see the wider CMS community getting more active in the space. Part of this momentum is also apparent in how many communities want to learn more about these ideas.
Here are some upcoming events where decoupled CMS will be present:
- Typo3 Developer Days, April 12-15 in Munich, Germany. No official session, but I was invited to participate and chat with people
- World Wide Web Conference, April 16-20 in Lyon, France. We will present our paper on decoupled content management with Szaby GrAnwald on Friday in the Developers track
- BerlinJS, May in Berlin, Germany. I will talk about Create
- Symfony Live, June 6-9 in Paris, France. I will talk about decoupling content management with Create and PHPCR, and Lukas Smith will talk about Symfony2 CMF
- IKS Technology in Action, June 12-13 in Salzburg, Austria. Lots of sessions about the different IKS tools
- DrupalCon, August 20-24 in Munich, Germany. My talk on decoupling content management is a featured session