DiGiTSS Blog: CodeIgniter 2 is just here - about to release..!
Note: This article was originally published at PHPDeveloper on 10 November 2010.
It's a good and easy to use PHP MVC Framework, which takes you on the road very quickly and you start developing real time application with it. [...] Last release was way back in September'09 and I heard something about v1.8 sometime after that. But now it has been more than 1 year and recently while going through news section on CI website I read a post stating that new version of framework CI2 is about to be released.
He walks through some of the changes that have been made in this new release including:
- PHP 4 support is deprecated. Features new to 2.0.0 may not support PHP 4, and all legacy features will no longer support PHP 4 as of 2.1.0.
- Added new special Library type: Drivers.
- Added ability to set "Package" paths
- Added CSRF (Cross-site Reference Forgery) protection to the Security library.
- Added HTTP headers and Config information to the Profiler output.
- Improved performance of the Encryption library on servers where Mcrypt is available.
- Updated loader to automatically apply the sub-class prefix as an option when loading classes.
There's lots more where these came from, so take a look at the rest of the post for a more complete list.