Jason Gilmore's Blog: Sixteen Best Practices- and Productivity-Related PHP Tutorials
Note: This article was originally published at PHPDeveloper on 13 May 2011.
Jason Gilmore has put together a list of sixteen best practices and tools you can use to help make your PHP development life easier and the quality of your code better.
[I spent so] much time in fact that in 2010 I penned more than 130 articles. Many of these articles focused on PHP-specific best practices and productivity, two topics which should resonate closely with anybody involved in building websites for a living. So I thought it would be useful to compile a list of the sixteen tutorials which touch upon these topics. In this list you'll find tutorials introducing testing, debugging, advanced object-oriented features, code profiling, security, enforcing coding standards, and more.
His list of articles includes:
- 10 Productive PHP Tools for Testing and Debugging
- Three Advanced Object-Oriented PHP Features You Need to Know
- Four Sane Solutions for PHP Debugging
- Enforcing Coding Standards with PHP_CodeSniffer
- Use PHPUnit to Implement Unit Testing in Your PHP Development