Midgard in 2010
Note: This article was originally published at Planet PHP on 11 January 2011.
Wow, 2010 was quite a hectic year in the Midgard world. Here is a quick summary:
- We held three Midgard Gatherings: one in Lodz, Poland in April, one in Tampere, Finland in July and one in Gothenburg, Sweden in November. In April we announced the new directions of the project.
- The project completed a migration to Git (and GitHub) for Midgard2 and Midgard MVC, together with a change in the development process to facilitate a more decentralized way of working
- The Long-Term Supported Midgard1 series 8.09 Ragnaroek had two releases: .8 and .9. After .9 there have been substantial performance improvements that still wait for release
- Midgard2 had its first Long-Term Supported version 10.05 Ratatoskr, with three releases: .0, .1 and .2
- Midgard2 started providing language bindings via GObject Introspection
- Midgard2 landed into Debian unstable, Maemo Extras and MeeGo Community OBS
- Third generation of Midgard Content Repository had its first release showcasing more flexible model definition and built-in RDF storage. The new MidgardCR is written in Vala
- First version of the Midgard Create content management interface was shown
- Midgard MVC gained a new application installer tool and the ability to be run on the PHP Application Server
- The OpenPSA management suite was forked out from Ragnaroek tree, ported to Midgard2 and packaged for Ubuntu
- On Maemo, Midgard-powered applications like The Tablet of Adventure and MaeCalories provided tens of thousands of Midgard installations on mobile phones
Truncated by Planet PHP, read more at the original (another 1381 bytes)