Nelm.io Blog: An Update On Composer
Note: This article was originally published at PHPDeveloper on 20 February 2012.
On the Nelm.io blog today there's an update about Composer, the PHP package manager that's been steadily growing in popularity over the last few months.
This weekend we have been busy hacking on Composer in our office together with Nils Adermann and Volker Dusch. We wanted to push the project forward a bit faster than the odd free evenings usually allow, and I would now like to introduce the changes we made.
Their updates include mentions of:
- Changes to the "dev" version handling
- Major bugfixing in the dependency resolver
- More project documentation
- GitHub integration with Packagist (allowing you to directly update the Packagist site when you push a new version)
- A cleanup on the repository creation process (see here)