PHP on Azure and you in Vegas
Note: This article was originally published at Planet PHP on 20 February 2011.If you're developing apps in PHP and you want a challenge that will get you some places, be sure to check out the PHP on Azure contest. Build an app with PHP, deploy it to Windows Azure and participate in a contest with a killer prize: an all-in trip to Las Vegas!
The rules are simple:
- your app has to be written in PHP
- preferably own development app
- use as much as Windows Azure services
- blog about overcoming this challenge (good/bad/ugly)
Register before February 28, 2011. The contest itself runs from February 1, 2011 until May 15, 2011. If you register quickly, you can get attend a free Windows Azure training course given by Maarten "Mr. Azure" Balliauw on February 22, 2011.
Show the world your skills and participate. Full details of the contest can be found on http://phpazurecontest.com.
If you're unsure how to start, I'm working on an example application to be deployed anywhere, including Windows Azure.
- Get the sources: http://github.com/DragonBe/wingz
- See it run on Linux: http://wingz.cc
- See it run on Windows 2008 Server with IIS 7.5: http://wingz.be
- See it run on Windows Azure: Updatinga