Reddit.com: What does the day-to-day look like for a LAMP developer?
In this recent post to Reddit.com, a "solid novice with PHP" asks the community for some insight into what the day-to-day life is like for an average LAMP developer.
I wanted to hear from someone who does LAMP development for a living, What does your work day look like? That is to say that, I have no idea what the responsibilities for a LAMP developer look like. Are these people putting together entire websites on various platforms (wordpress, joomla, whatever)? Are you simply doing backend work (setting up databases, working with tables, etc)? All of the above?
The comments on the post talk about things like:
- The differences between the "startup" and "business" life of a typical developer
- Sympathy over some of the debugging methods in PHP
- Technical issues
- Working as a lone developer
- The variety of skills needed
- Discussion of specs and system architecture
What's your average day like? Share it here!