What would you do with 5 million lines of code?
Since October 2011, 5 million lines of the PEAR codebase has shifted to github.
Hand in hand with this shift has been the tireless work of Daniel C - someone who brazenly said a€oI will fix the failing packages!a€¯ in the tail end of last year.
- Releases of Text_LanguageDetect, HTTP2, Net_Growl, Image_QRCode, Tree, html_BBCodeParser, Net_IMAP, Net_DNSBL, Services_Amazon, Image_Barcode2, Validate, Console_Color2, Services_ExchangeRates, Validate_DK, PEAR_PackageFileManager_Frontend, Text_Highlighter, PHP_Shell, Date, Image_Text, PEAR_Frontend_Gtk2, PHP_DocBlockGenerator, & Validate_AR through Dec/January
- All test infrastructure upgrading to PHP 5.4 release candidates
- All database driven test suites executing properly, catching a variety of simple bugs
- Just shy of 900 commit emails to the pear-cvs list for Dec/Jan - many containing multiple commits & fixes
- Hitting a point of a€onear zeroa€¯ patches to be applied to unmaintained packages
- Applying no less than 30+ patches contributed by the community across all of PEAR
- Increasingly, the PEAR QA team is delivering PHP 5.3+ friendly forks of existing packages
I'd like to thank Daniel C for his efforts to date, as well as the contributors who may have previously lurked or found themselves distracted by other concerns.
Dec/Jan has been a great and vigorous period for the project - I heartily look forward to a great 2012.